1.25.2016

Challenge Guest Designer : Ellen Haxelmans

Welcome back!!!

Today we have a talented guest designer joining us for our 2nd Tic-Tac-Toe challenge! She is the amazing and super fun crafter Ellen Haxelmans from Crafty Ellen H Blog. She is here to share a gorgeous baby card that you all sure will love. Check out her project below!

_________________________________________________________________

Hi, I'm Ellen. I’m 24 years old and living in a small country called Belgium. I've studied art and actually always have been creative. In 2013 my boyfriend gave me my first Copic Markers as Christmas present and ever since then it made me a die heart card maker. Now I'm a designer for different companies and happy to be a guest on this Challenge blog!!


Are you ready to see my project? I love to create scene cards with critters so it wasn't at all difficult for me to choose which rows to work with in the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Board. It is the reason why I chose the three elements from the third row down – trees, die-cuts and critters.


Someone I know recently had a baby, so I wanted to make a card with my new stamp set Lawn Fawn “Plus One.” For the next step, I knew I had to use die-cuts, so I decided to make a scene in a shape – a circle. I used distress ink to create the pink ombre effect on the circle. Lastly, I decided to use a tree stencil from C.C. Designs called Brich Trees. I used texture paste and a lot of glitter to create the birch trees behind the stork, which of course was hard to captured the glitter in the photos.


The little flower and green leaves give the card a little more cuteness. It was all finished with some background paper, sequins and a sentiment from Els Brigé (a new Dutch stamp company) that says Welcome.

I had a lot fun creating this card & I can't wait to see some awesome cards from you too for this challenge!!

_________________________________________________________________

So were your mind blown away by this gorgeous creation? We hope so! Thank you so much Ellen for providing some inspiration using our Second Challenge Board! We are happy to hear you had fun creating using our challenge! Don’t forget to stop by Ellen’s Blog to give her a shout out for her fabulous project she created for the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Ellen, this is gorgeous! So many fabulous details and texture...and I love the unexpected pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO very pretty Ellen!!I love the pink and your pretty background! The texture of the trees is just gorgeous! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning!! I LOVE the texture and that pretty pink background. FABULOUS project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so beautiful, Ellen. Love what you did with your trees. Tracie Pond

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about your card, Ellen! The texture, the pop of pink and the pretty design of your card! Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!