1.10.2016

Challenge Guest Designer : Vicki Parson

Hello everyone!!!

Today we have our very first guest designer for our Tic-Tac-Toe challenge! Her name is Vicki Parson and she blogged over at Stamp Smiles. She’s here to share a fun shaker card using not only one row from our current challenge board, but two! How cool it is to combine two rows to create this super fun shaker! Check out her project below. It sure to blow your mind away!

_________________________________________________________________

Hello friends! I'm so honored to be here for Ka’s very first challenge! I know everyone will love this concept! Here’s a little introduction about myself:

I have been an avid stamp addict for several years. I have acquired a huge collection of craft items through the years. I enjoy many different forms and styles of paper crafting. I have done the very simple CAS style as well as the fussy and fancy designs in my card making. I enjoy coloring as well as keeping things simplified on my designs, so I really couldn’t say that there is any ONE style of card making that I stick too. When I am not happily humming in my craft room, I enjoy spending time with my incredibly patient husband along with my college age boys and our pet doxie, Mocca.


So here's what I've come up with using the above board as inspiration:
(I have used the top three across as well as the three left down elements on my design.)


I think this turned out so "dog-gone" CUTE! :) Reminds me of my own beloved pet doxie Mocca! (They tend to be "proud" little critters, don't they?! LOL!)

This cutie comes from Whimsy Stamps called Dachshund Balloon. It is a set of rubber stamps that also includes the sentiment above with it! :) I have colored the image in with my Copic markers and I've also added some gold to his collar with my gold gel pen. I stamped the "Celebrate" sentiment above the pup so that it would all fit within my shaker square.

The background was also stamped with a couple of different colors using the star border image from the Clearly Whimsy Stamps Basic Christmas Backgrounds. I have a couple of different colors to match the balloons that the wiener dog is holding in his mouth. I decided to stamp the background so that I could actually use the tic tac toe board in two different ways for this challenge.

For the shaker portion of my design, I have used the MFT Stitched Square Frames and cut one out with some of the MFT Gold Foil Card Stock to make the frame for my shaker. I have also used the same die to cut out the background with my stamped doggie as well as another piece for the window of my shaker design using some acetate.


And so for the "Sparkle" portion of my design, I have added several different kinds of sequins and confetti on the inside of the shaker square that I've created. I have gold stars, sparkly clear sequins and lots of sparkly Martha Stewart confetti stars that are so fun to shake around! I have used two layers of foam tape around the frame so that the sequins had plenty of room to shake around! :)

I hope you enjoyed my creation and this new challenge! Thanks to Ka and her team for having me along! Looking forward to future challenges!

_________________________________________________________________

What a fun project! It’s so cute and so much fun for a recipient to receive! Wouldn’t you agree? Thank you so much Vicki for providing some inspiration using our current challenge! We hope you had fun while creating! Don’t forget to stop by Vicki’s Blog to give her a shout out for her fabulous project she created for the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge!

14 comments:

  1. Какая же чудесная открытка получилась!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutley LOVE this darling shaker card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having me along as a guest for your first challenge friends! :) I'm so honored and look forward to more challenges to play along with!! Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card and such a fun new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That gold frame is sooo awesome!! Thanks so much for the inspiration, Vicki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stinkin' cute! Love the gold frame with shaker cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute card... love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Vicki being a guest designer!!! Such an adorable card, love the colors and the shaker is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As if this card wasn't cute enough, the shaker element just kicks it up a notch...or a few!!! What and adorable little pooch. Vicki, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is ADORABLE!! I LOVE the shiny, gold frame and that little dog is too, too CUTE!! Great shaker card!!! Loving this design!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Vicki, you made me laugh. I not only enjoyed your card, but your storytelling. How fun!!! The frame really draws ones attention to the cute dog and balloons. Tracie Pond

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicki your card is so cute and lovely with that darling dog - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your GD spot!! Total cuteness!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable! Love the gold frame and the fun shaker!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!