1.28.2016

Make a Wish!!

Hello! Nora here with an inspirational post for Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Two. Is everyone having fun? I know that I am. I LOVE all the fabulous entries that I have seen for challenge two. You all are amazing!!

Today I am sharing a card that I created using the last row across that contains the elements: masking, stars and critters.


I decided to make the background the "star" of the card rather then the critters. I used the ink "smooshing" technique to create it. I still have blue fingers from creating the sky!


The white stars were masked and I used Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire Distress inks to create the night sky. I used Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress inks and then die cut the grass with a My Favorite Things die.


I then took the masks off and colored in the stars with clear Wink of Stella. I die cut the whole panel with a My Favorite Things Blueprints #13 die.

The elephant and mouse were die cut and stamped using Paperie Ink's "Tons of Thoughts" set. I used Copic markers to color the critters in and used gel pens to add some fun details. I tucked them in-between the middle, grass layer.


The word bubble is by Lawn Fawn and the sentiment I stamped in dark blue with a PaperTrey Ink stamp. I added a few star sequins to the background in various sizes to finish the card off.


I hope this card inspires you to take a second look at Challenge #2 and pick a row or a column that you might have overlooked the first time. I am looking forward to seeing your creations!!

Thank you for stopping by and have a FABULOUS day!!

Nora

4 comments:

  1. Nora, this is such s fabulous card! I love the interest you created in the background and layers of grass. Tucking this adorable little Ellie in the middle is my favorite part! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, look at that super cute elephant. Pretty coloring and texture. Tracie Pond

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nora! This is truly fabulous! The ink background is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The inky background and grass are fabulous! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!