1.19.2016

Wedding card

Hello everyone! Olesya here with an inspirational blog post. Today I'm happy to show you my project using three elements from Challenge two: holiday- 100% stamped- die-cuts.


I wanted to make some soft, elegant and sparkly card for my friend's wedding. Great holiday, the born of new family, isn't it?


For this card I chose neutral colors to attract more attention to the diamond in the middle. For the card base I took a piece of white cardstock ( 6"x8") and folded it in a half to make a side folding card. Then cut a panel from Teresa Collins Life Emporium 6"x6" paper pad slightly smaller than a card base and adhered it directly on top with a double-sided tape.



For the front panel I took a piece of craft cardstock. To make the card more elegant and light I heat embossed Peony Scrolls flowers from Altenew with Super fine detail white embossing powder from Ranger on vellum and fussy cut with my scissors. I think they are so beautiful and look weightless. I had a piece of Apple Blossom chipboard frame from Wycinanka that matches here perfectly.



For the sentiment I used Inkadinkado Wedding stamp set and Archival Jet Black inks from Ranger. And now the most interesting part of the card :) it's a diy die-cut diamond. I cut it with a craft knife, heat embossed with some holographic clear embossing powder. For the bottom piece of the stone I took a piece of cardstock, adhered some double-sided tape on top and added dry glitter. Rubbed with my fingers to get rid of falling glitter and adhered both pieces together with Glossy Accents. Then placed the diamond in the center of the frame with some foam tape.

I hope you like this card and hopefully some of these tips will be helpful to you!

Have a wonderful day and happy papercrafting!
Olesya.

8 comments:

  1. You hand cut that diamond? Unbelievably awesome! Every detail just has me wondering how you do it!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This SO very stunning Olesya! I'm just in love with this design and that gorgeous diamond!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olesya, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I am completely in awe that you hand cut that diamond. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is STUNNING!!! I LOVE that diamond and all the layering on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olesya, this is absolutely stunning! Beautiful layers and gorgeous details! Love that perfectly hand cut diamond! It's fabulous! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much everyone!! You're the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Wedding Card is truly looking beautiful. Liked the colors and design of card. My cousin will be having a customized wedding ceremony at wedding venues in Florida. Looking for similar creative ideas for her wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!