2.28.2016

Challenge #4 Inspiration with Nora

Hi everyone!! I hope you are having fun playing along with Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #4. I have been looking at all your wonderful creations and am in awe of all the creativity. It is so interesting to see the different interpretations everyone has using this card.

Nora here to bring you a little inspiration using Challenge #4.


I chose the middle row from top to bottom with the elements-sequins, Distress Inks and stencil to create my card.


I used a technique on this card that I had never tried. It was using shimmer spray and Distress Ink with a stencil. I snapped some photos to give you a little photo tutorial of the process.

I inked a piece of white card stock with Peacock Feathers  Distress Ink. I did not use any fancy tools but literally rubbed the ink pad across the paper. 


Next I covered the inked card stock with the Echo Park"Branches" stencil and misted it with a clear shimmer spray. (You can also use water if you did not want the shimmer.) I sprayed just enough to cover the stencil but not enough to saturate the paper. I used a paper towel to blot any excess moisture there might have been on the stencil.


I slowly took the stencil off and used a heat gun to dry the panel. It might buckle a bit but once you adhere it to a card, it will be fine. You can also see that I did not mist the card evenly. I could have gone back to fix this but I liked the way it came out so I chose to leave it this way. 


I cut the panel down a bit and adhered it over a top folding white card base. I then added a strip of white and black polka dot paper at the bottom of the inked panel.


I used PaperTrey Ink's "Vintage Linens" stamp set to stamp the flowers in black dye ink. I then die cut them with the "Vintage Linens" matching die set. I adhered the leaves and flowers to the front of the card, using foam adhesive on the left flower to give it a bit of dimension.


I adhered three clear sequins randomly over the card and used clear Wink of Stella over the black leaves and the flower stamens. 


I chose to leave the card blank, figuring I could add a sentiment later, depending on what I want to use the card for.

There is still some time to play with the Challenge #4 card. I cannot wait to see what you create!!

Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!!

Nora




7 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning! I must give this technique a try! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this beautiful card and so easy to be used with any outline flower stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty, Nora! LOve the little strip of black polka-dot paper! What a wonderful change to this technique - if I had shimmer spray! OH why not just water? Thanks, Nora, for your inspiration!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning!! Love how you used only a stripe of that Distress background! And the stencil technique is great, I'll have to try that! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning!!! & i just adore the look of that background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous card, Nora! I love how you created your stenciled panel and the polka dot strip is perfect with your flowers...Just beautiful in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Nora. What you did with the stencil is so pretty. Wow, thank you for sharing such detailed steps too. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!