2.10.2016

Challenge Guest Designer : Darnell Knauss

Hi friends and Happy Hump Day! We're here today with our 3rd Challenge Guest Designer, Darnell Knauss of djkardkreations. If you're not familiar with her, you should head to her blog now! She is the fun, amazing crafter and brilliant hostess of the NBUS Challenge (Never-Before-Used Schtuff) and we are so excited to have her here with us for this challenge!

_________________________________________________________________

My name is Darnell. My addiction began in 2002 after attending my first Stampin' Up! party. After ten years making cards for family and friends at a desk inside the disgusting unfinished garage, we had the backyard landscaped and I became the envied occupant of my crafty Playhouse. You are welcome to visit the Playhouse and see why I'm having the time of my life making cards. Through my blog, I enjoy sharing my cards, playing with words, and connecting with delightful people from all over the world who provide me with endless inspiration!



I've made two cards to inspire you!

For this first card, I made a card that I think is gender neutral. You wouldn’t have to make it the size of a business envelope, but guys might like the heft of it!


As you can see I used the awesome sketch for my design, but this card was also inspired by row one across on the tic-tac-toe board: love, shimmer, and hearts.

The shimmer is from the red foil paper from Stampin' Up. In fact, all the papers used for this card are from Stampin' Up. The word "Sending" is from Simon Says Stamp and the words "you" and "love" are from Winnie & Walter.

My second card is an always-fun interactive shaker card:


This time I used row three down for my design: hearts, confetti, and sketch. The diagonal hearts are Washi tape. The double-stitched rectangle frames were made with Lil' Inker dies. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

I hope my cards have inspired you to play along! I want to thank Ka for the honor of asking me to be the Guest Designer for this 3rd Challenge and I can't wait to see what you create!!

_________________________________________________________________

Isn't Darnell's cards amazing and so much fun? We love both cards, especially the fun interactive shaker! Shake! Shake! Shake! Thank you, Darnell for creating these sweet cards and providing us with some awesome Valentine’s inspiration! Make sure you stop by Darnell’s blog to give her some bloggie love too!

Enjoy the rest of your week and happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to Darnell on your GD feature! Your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darnell is fabulous! I love both cards! I would have never thought to put a shaker in the middle of the sketch. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darnell, you have provided lots of LOVE-ly inspiration!!! Gorgeous, girl! Are there many strips of washi, or one really wide bit? I [heart] it...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome card ... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, Darnell. Both of them are cheerful. I love all of the pretty hearts and the framing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are so lovely, especially that fun interactive shaker!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!