2.25.2016

Challenge Guest Designer : Yukari Yoshioka

Happy Thursday Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Fans! Today I am so excited to introduce our guest designer for challenge 4, Yukari Yoshioka of Handmade By Yuki! I am telling you this girl is crazy talented and she is going to make you fall in love with her project today! I absolutely adore her style of cardmaking! Like me, she loves creating with cute and whimsical images that make people smile. Below you'll find a little information about her in her own words followed by her super cute project.

_________________________________________________________________

Hello! My name is Yukari; however, I go by my nickname, Yuki. While originally from Los Angeles, CA, last summer we moved to beautiful Seattle, WA. When I'm not busy paper crafting, I enjoy cycling, snowboarding and training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. While I enjoy trying new techniques and styles, my favorite by far would be making cutesy cards using critters!


For today's card, I went with Sequins, Distress Inks and Stencil to create a fun birthday card featuring the cute kitties from the MFT "Cat-itude" set. I colored the kitties with Copic Markers and then fussy cut them out, leaving a white border. I then cut a square panel from white cardstock and used the MFT "All Lined" stencil to apply Twisted Citron distress ink. I die cut two strips of dark gray cardstock using a stitched border die and glued them to either side of the focal panel. I used a light gray cardstock and created a stamped background by stamping the fish stamps in a light gray ink for a tone-on-tone look. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock and popped that onto the focal panel with foam tape. To finish the card, I added some Shimmer Pico Embellisher to the collars and matching Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

I tried to keep the colors gender neutral and really love how this card turned out. I had so much fun playing along with this challenge and hope you were inspired too! I'd like to thank Ka for having me this month!

_________________________________________________________________

So? Did you fall in love with this cute kitty birthday card? I hope you did! Thank you so much to Yuki for providing us some more inspiration using our current challenge board! And please stop over to Yuki's blog and give her a shout out for her oh, so cute card!!

6 comments:

  1. a-dorable!!!! Yay for Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see Yuki guesting!! Super cute card. Love this feline trio and the fun stitched borders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!! Love the fun trio of critters. The stitched borders are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these kitties!! SO very sweet Yuki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet, Yukari. Such great detail and pretty colored cats. Happy to see you at Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!