2.22.2016

Floral Silhouette


Happy Monday!  It's Lindsey today sharing another card I made for Challenge Four using the middle row: silhouette, distress inks, and stacked sentiment.


I discovered that using a die was the easiest way to have a true silhouette, and the star of the show here is the Brushed Blooms die from Papertrey Ink.  I had intended to use a pink silhouette on a white card base, but after die-cutting the flower, the white paper below peeked through the negative image, and I decided to switch gears.  And I'm so glad I did!  I think the change really allows the silhouette to shine.  I used an inlaid die cutting technique here.  This technique is so much easier now that I've watched Laurie Willison's video on using Press n' Seal to hold the little die-cut tidbits in place.


For my second element, I blended some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink in an ombre fashion, die-cut hello, and triple layered it.  I wanted a more subtle stacked sentiment, so I stamped the second part directly onto the card base.  And that's it! :)  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope I've inspired you to try out Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #4 for the first time...or again if you've already played along!

Card Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Wet Paint)
Ink: PTI (Raspberry Fizz), Ranger (Peacock Feathers)
Dies: PTI (Brushed Blooms, Noted)
Paper: PTI (Hibiscus Burst, Stamper's Select White)

14 comments:

  1. oh my word...this is beyond gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! That means a lot coming from you.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Lindsey ... what a stunner ... that sponged ombré sentiment is just gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita!! Hugs right back at ya! :)

      Delete
  3. So truly wonderful, Lindsey! [it reminds me of one of our 12 Kits papers from Nancy - right?] LOve this card, and that ombre die cut! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know...but now I'm curious. I shouldn't admit this, but I haven't taken the kit out since the first day I got it. Clearly I have a lot of work to do in the next few days, and I think I'll start by looking for the paper this reminds you of.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful ombre sentiment Lindsey! Your card is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! And thanks for popping over to take a look. :)

      Delete
  5. Another awesome take on Challenge 4. I agree with you that using die-cuts from cardstocks never fails to make the perfect silhouette. I also love your ombre sentiment! Such a fabulous project, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing!! I love the ombre sentiment. I saw that technique with the press and seal and for got to get this. Now you make me want to run out. Fabulous card!!























    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the inlaid bloom--so pretty, Lindsey!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! The inlay looks awesome and I love your ombre sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sentiment and the turquoise and pink. Great creation! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!