3.28.2016

Challenge #6: Inspiration with Nora

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.

Nora here with an inspiration post for the Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #6. This time I chose the last row down for my card-umbrella, critters and clouds.




I started off using a piece of patterned paper scrap that I had with clouds on it for my background and layered it over a top folding card measuring 4 1/4" by 5 1/2. I then die cut the clouds out of white card stock using Taylored Expressions "Rolling Clouds" die set. I layered the clouds over the patterned paper, popping the front one with foam adhesive to give it a bit of dimension.


Next I die cut the sun using the "Radiant Sun" die from My Favorite Things and blended Simon Says Stamps "Duckling" dye ink and "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Ink over the top. I tucked the sun between the two clouds.

I stamped the panda bear using Mama Elephants "Pandamonium" set and cut it with the matching dies. I then adhered him behind the sun.



I then added my favorite part of the whole card-the umbrella from Pretty Pink Posh's "Rainy Days" stamp set. Again, I used foam adhesive on the umbrella top to look as if the air had caught the panda and he was "floating" above the clouds.


My last step was to stamp the sentiment in black ink, also from the "Rainy Days" stamp set, add a few clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, and a bit of Christmas Red Stickles to the umbrella.

This is one of my most favorite cards I have created in a while and I hope it inspires you to join us for Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #6. There are still a few days left!! I cannot wait to see what you create.

Have a FABULOUS week!!

Nora


7 comments:

  1. Nora I think this challenge has really sparked your imagination ... this is DARLING!!! Inspired by every single detail!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very sweet Nora!! I love that panda and that bright sun!!
    Just love it!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous card Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nora, this is one of my very favorite cards! I love every single bit of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!