3.25.2016

Challenge Guest Designer : Daria Grushina

Happy Friday, everyone! Today we have Daria with us from Falling Into Cardmaking as a guest designer.  I fell in love with Daria's creations from the start when I accidentally stumbled onto her lovely blog after searching for an idea for a particular stamp set. I am glad I did, because I absolutely love everything she makes and I know you will too!
_________________________________________________________________

Hi Everyone :) I'm Daria and I am very exited to be here with you today! I'm a 30-plus-a-few girl, now living in Petrozavodsk that is in the North West of Russia. You probably already guessed by now, but I love cards! :) I have started to make them in October 2014 and couldn't stop since. I am 100% card-maker with a style toward Clean & Simple.

When Ka wrote to me asking to participate - I was more than happy :) And I still am! I really love the idea behind the challenge - that each and everyone can find their own inspiration in so many options! At first I though I would chose the diagonal line...but I remembered that I have already made that type of card (you can check it out here).

So for today's card, I have decided to go with the second row down from the current challenge #6: Glossy Accents - Clean & Simple - Twine! It was both easy and challenging at the same time. Usually, I use those to embellish my card if I feel it needs it, but I have never before started to plan the card from embellishments :) It was really fun! :)


Here is the project. It is basically a one layer card. I heat embossed some flowers from Altenew over the whole front panel in white and then masked central area to blend in some color. Colors used are: Spun sugar and Picked Raspberry of distress inks. I die-cut my sentiment twice from craft and glitter cardstock. I used craft color to coordinate with the twine, and glitter to make the card more bright. I also covered some of the petals inside the colored area with Glossy accents - it adds interest and fun dimension.


Hope you like my card and got inspired to join the fun! :) Thank you so much dearest Ka for the invitation, you are the Sweetest! I am very honored to join your challenge!

_________________________________________________________________

Was this card not amazing or what?!! The result from this simple card is gorgeous! With just a small collection of supplies, you can make yourself a gorgeous piece like this too. :) Thanks to Daria for sharing an exceptional card that sure inspired us all! Swing over to Daria's blog to see even more amazing inspiration!

See you back here tomorrow for another inspiration post from our Social Media DT member, Rachel. Have a great weekend, everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. What a stunning card!! I love the white heat embossing and then the ink blending on this. The colors are so beautiful. I also like the addition of the twine at the top. Amazing job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a CLASSIC Beauty Daria!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card!!!! I love how you inked just the center, but embossed the whole panel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!