3.10.2016

Challenge Guest Designers : Kay Miller

Hello and Happy Thursday! Today I am thrilled to have Kay Miller from My Joyful Moments guesting for us! I have been a longtime fan of hers so I was especially excited about this post! I love everything she creates! To me, everything she touches turns into beautiful pieces of art! :) If you don't believe me, stop over to her blog after this and you'll be AMAZE!
_________________________________________________________________

Hi, I’m Kay Miller. I live in Missouri with my husband and two great kids. I first discovered stamping about 20 years ago when I wandered into a small stamping store in Anacortez, WA, while visiting my grandfather. I spent many years in the digital scrapbooking industry creating digital page kits for my own personal website, for the paper industry and participating on several creative teams for other companies. After completely burning out trying to come up with new designs, I quit, and rediscovered my love for stamping and card making, and started blogging. Along with card making, I also enjoy photography and creating whimsical Christmas ornaments with polymer clay. You can find me at my blog My Joyful Moments. I am thrilled to be guesting with Ka for her Tic-Tac-Toe challenge today!


For my card today, I am using the top row of the current Tic-Tac-Toe challenge board: green, beads, and geometric shapes. I love all three of those things! In my spare time (that means late at night when I’ve turned my craft room light out) I love to create little patterns out of mini Hama beads. They are tiny beads that I order from Europe. They are similar to the Perler beads that we loved to play with when we were kids, but only smaller. They are about 2.5 mm in size and come in such pretty colors. Anyway, I used one of my mini creations for the bead part of my card. I cut my shapes out with some stitched square dies and then added the pretty dark brown leaves and sentiment.

Thanks so much for having me! This was a fun challenge!

_________________________________________________________________

Did your jaw just dropped after seeing this gorgeous card? I did when I first saw it! I absolutely love how she interpreted the elements so beautifully! I would have never thought of that! So creative!!! Thanks so much to Kay, for inspiring us with an awesome out-of-the-box project! Make sure you hop on over to Kay's blog and leave her some bloggie love too!

11 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to have Kay as a guest designer!! LOVE your work and this card is just beautiful! Love the interest of the middle square!
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one awesome card! Love Kay and seeing her guesting here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, loved learning more about your artistic, creative background and seeing today's guest creation. It's a super card, Hama beads are very cool. Thanks for the inspiration. I may try tic-tac-toe sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card from Kay, so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a neat way to combine two of your loves! Those Hama beads are so neat looking. I adore the quilt square look of the piece. So much fun! Your brown leaves on either side set off the middle square so beautifully and how fun that it is on an angle, too. Excellent work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible card design... I love the way you have incorporated the Hama beads in your card..what a fantastic idea and execution 💜

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, Kay's creations are amazing. I too admire her and am happy to see her here. Thank you, for sharing your amazingness with Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. Love your beaded design. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely card!! I LOVE Kay and ams so happy that she shared her talent with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and creative take on the challenge! Beautiful design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible, absolutely incredible!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!