3.06.2016

Champion Guest Designer : Hussena Calcuttawala

Hi everyone! Today we invited our 1st Champion winner, Hussena Calcuttawala to guest design for us! We adore her card for our 1st challenge so much we just wanted to share her talent with you once more! Below is a short bio about her followed by her gorgeous project!

_________________________________________________________________

Hello friends,

This is Hussena here and I am so thrilled to be invited as a Guest designer at the Tic Tac Toe challenge today. I am based in Kolkata, India and I go by the blog name - Quill and Punch works. I started this blog about 5 year's back and my crafting style has evolved over a period of time. I have tried my hand at various crafts and my new found love is stamping. I am a SAHM of two kids and a card maker by passion. :)

Today I have a card to share based on the current challenge and I have gone with the Tic Tac Toe grid and have chosen the middle line for my card which is Friendship, Gold and Layers. Here's a look at my card :


To create my card I first die cut a card panel using the largest of my stitched rectangles die from a Kraft paper, then I die cut some square frames using various sizes of Spellbinders Square nesting dies and I lightly colored them using various pink ink shades from Altenew. I glued these squares on my card base creating a geometric grid like pattern.Then I stamped my flowers, leaves and foliage from two different Altenew stamps and gold heat embossed them. The flowers and leaves are all colored by using various Altenew inks in shades of pink and green using a foam applicator to give them two tone shading.

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set and I stamped it on a piece of card stock using Versafine Onyx Black ink and cut it in a banner shape and colored it lightly using a green ink and foam applicator. It was then foam mounted on the square frame. The stamped and embossed flowers and leaves are also foam mounted on my card panel and they give quite a nice dimension in real life. I matted my card panel on a light pink cardstock and attached it to a kraft card base. I have used a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins to finish off my card.

Hope you all have enjoyed this inspiration for the current challenge at the Tic Tac Toe and are inspired to play along to win some really awesome stamps of your choice.

Thank you so much, Ka for giving me this opportunity for this guest spot. I really enjoyed creating this card for it. ​:)

_________________________________________________________________

Thank you, Hussena for guest designing for us! We enjoyed your post and project! Everything about your project is just stunning! If you also enjoy today's project from Hussena, then make sure you hop on over to see all the cards she shared on her lovely blog! I promise, you'll not want to leave! :)

Have a great week everyone!

13 comments:

  1. STUNNING card Hussena!! I keep looking over all the lovely details:)) Design genius at work here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding, and absolutely gorgeous! LOve the pink and gold, and OH those layers!! Thank you, Hussena!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Hussena!! Absolutely love that background you made, and so many layers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning Hussena! Your embossing is always outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO beautiful!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Hussena!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! You did an amazing job Hussena!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW!! This is STUNNING!!! I love the layering!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hussena, this is gorgeous! What a fabulous design. I especially love the way you've layered the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for all the appreciation Ladies .Totally made my day 💜
    And Thank you so much Ka for this opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, Hussena. The embossing is spectacular. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!