3.21.2016

Champion Guest Designer : Kitty

We are back today with a guest design post from our 2nd Champion winner, Kitty from KT Fit Kitty. She created this kitty shaker card that stole our hearts and so we wanted to bring her out and feature her.
_________________________________________________________________

Hello, everyone! I'm Kitty and I'm super excited to be here today as a guest designer! I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, with my hubby and three kitties. Unlike many crafters, I have not been particularly creative my whole life. I discovered my love of card making about ten years ago when a friend invited me to do some stamping. I took a few workshops, and I was hooked! My card-making style is "cute" and I especially enjoy kitties and other critters on my cards. I started my blog KT Fit Kitty in 2013, and I would be so happy if you would pop over for a visit!


My card was inspired by the third column: Umbrella, Critters, and Clouds. I made a cute little scene with some bright spring colours! The adorable bunny is Breezy from Your Next Stamp, and I coloured him with Prismacolor pencils and fussy-cut so I could pop him up with foam tape. I added Snow Writer on his tail and Glossy Accents on his eyes and umbrella.


The background was made with Twisted Citron Distress Ink using a watercolour smooshing technique and then die-cut with a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle. The three layers of grass were die cut with Lawn Fawn Grassy Border and I inked the edges with Twisted Citron. The cute picket fence is from Your Next Stamp, and I added lots of die-cut flowers (Impression Obsession), each with a gem in the center. The bunny die-cuts are from Impression Obsession Rabbit Set. I haven't seen any purple bunnies in real life but they are so fun on a card!

The clouds were die-cut using Lawn Fawn Spring Showers and I stamped a sentiment from Newton's Nook Birthday Flutter. The stitched panel was layered onto a scalloped stitched rectangle from Waltzing Mouse Stamps, and I finished it off with some tiny heart sequins.

I hope you enjoyed my card and will be inspired to join our challenge! Thank you to Ka and the design team for having me as your guest! I had fun!

_________________________________________________________________

Isn't Kitty card just absolutely adorable and so full of life?! We love the bright colors and all the Spring elements in this super cute card. Thank you, Kitty for sharing your talent and providing us with more inspiration! Please hop on over to Kitty blog and give her some bloggie love!

Have a beautiful day, everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Kitty's inspirational card is a delight and very fun!! So sweet as she is... :) and full of cute details!
    Love this adorable bunny with the umbrella, and the sentiment that matches very well with him... :D
    Love the purple bunnies, such a great touch of colour! And the light green background looks wonderful! Pretty details, too, with the grass, the fence, the little flowers and the lovely clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fantastic card Kitty! I love your background and the hole scene is great!
    Congratulations on being a GD!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Kitty has made. It certainly is very inspirational. I love those little purple bunnies. What a magical little scene. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie patootie, Kitty!!! This is such a sweet little card and the purple bunnies stole my heart!!! Such cute little flowers at the bottom and I love all the teeny tiny little golden hearts!!!! What an adorable little scene you created!!! So cute!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute! Look at all those fabulous little details in this adorable scene you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You color so well! :) And purple bunnies are always a happy place to be! Very cute card! Lots of details! "Another year flew by" a saying I find myself too often thinking! Happy Spring! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cheerful and beautiful Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how CUTE!! I LOVE the scene you created on this card. FABULOUS take on the challenge. The purple bunnies are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card, love your choice of colours and the smooshing background. love that cute bunny and your colouring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew it that is cute!
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done it again Kitty!! I love every perfect little detail. Your cards always make me smile.

    Hope your renovation is coming along well. We miss you!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popping in to say THANK YOU for having me as your guest! It was my pleasure! The inspirational board for this challenge is such a fun one!

    I would also like to say THANK YOU for all the sweet comments left here - you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors of this card and the scene you've made looks beautiful. A a really sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling card - love that bunny and what a cute scene you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!