3.22.2016

Umbrella Card Set


Hello!  It's Lindsey today. :) I bought umbrella stamps years ago and have hardly used them, so when I saw the Challenge Six board, I knew I wanted to challenge myself to dust off those stamps.  Then, after I made my first card for Challenge Six I realized that I hadn't actually used the umbrella stamps...I just used the dies.  So today I'm back to share three cards I made using my umbrella stamps, inspired by the same three elements (going diagonally from the bottom): patterned papers, clean and simple, umbrella.



When I started my cards I was a bit in a crafting slump, so I went to Pinterest and did a search for "cute umbrellas" :) and was immediately inspired by this pin

Photo Source
Fruit umbrellas? LOVE!  (Sidenote: my favorite food has been fruit for as long as I can remember, so I might be a little biased.) :)


I started with the watermelon umbrella.  This particular umbrella from Papertrey's Scattered Showers set was perfect for this fruit because it already has a line separating the border, making it really easy to mask.  I used the raindrop in the set to stamp the seeds and finished it off with a sentiment from Paper Smooches' Chit Chat.


I was having too much fun, so I decided to make a set of cards.  My strawberry umbrella card was the easiest to make.  Instead of masking, I stamped the image on my card base in red, then stamped it a second time in green on scrap paper and trimmed out the top to look like leaves.  I used a white gel pen to draw on the seeds and added glossy accents on top for a little dimension.  The sentiment is from PTI's Fresh Floral Wrap-Ups.  This was such a quick card!  I loved that, too. :)


And last, a kiwi umbrella. We've been eating lots of kiwis lately, so I just had to do it.  I masked the center portion, so it could be a lighter shade and drew the seeds with a black pen.  The sentiment is from PTI's Sketched Shapes.


And here they are all together. {Insert happy sigh} I admit that my MISTI made this process much quicker and easier.  However, I didn't use it on my practice run and they still turned out pretty well, so you could definitely recreate the look with or without one.  You still have over a week to join us (or join again) for Challenge Six....can't wait to see what you create!  Have a wonderful week!

19 comments:

  1. Brilliant and sweet card set. You should check out our CASology challenge this week....just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce! How funny..I just came here to link up to the CASology challenge and saw your comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Fruit umbrellas! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card set Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind...thank you, Tracey!

      Delete
  4. These are all so lovely - a beautifully "fruity" CAS card set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Susi!

      Delete
  5. Lindsey these are darling, what a fun and beautiful set! I would be excited if I made these too! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

      Delete
  6. Lindsey I think this is the most perfect umbrella to start with, then all your magic happened! Darling set of cards, sweet cheeks! SO cute!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you're excited Lindsey, these are just as sweet as can be!! Love the way you were inspired and you executed your plan perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fruit umbrella's are pure genius and as cute as can be! What a great inspiration photo. You pulled your cards off perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely Lindsey!! So fun and just darling!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your fruity umbrellas are so adorable!! I love them all, and now I want to eat some fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness, Lindsey, these are absolutely adorable! Love your creative umbrellas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your umbrellas are so creative and just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my WORD!! I LOVE these cute umbrellas. They came out FABULOUS! I think I am going to CASE you-maybe even make them today!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!