4.13.2016

Challenge #7 Inspiration with Tracie

Hello sweet crafty friends!

It is Tracie and I am excited to share with you some inspiration for Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #7.

My plan was to use the bottom row: Washi Tapes / Border Dies or Punches / Potted Plants. However, I ended up also using the third column: Tag / Kraft /Potted Plants.

So FUN!!


Honestly, I was a little stumped on what to create. My main inspiration was a piece of watercolored paper that I had sitting on my desk. I figured I could add a border to it and then liven it up with some washi tape. So, I was left with potted plants. I decorated the pot using washi tape and colored the plant with copics.

I again was stumped because I was not sure how best to position the elements. Then I had an aha moment and adhered the plant on a tag and used the border strip as a pocket to hold the tag. I made a cute, frilly embellishment out of twine to add to the hole of the tag. 

I really think this card turned out cute and it was lots of fun!


Supplies Used
Cas-ual Fridays - Tag Buddies
Copic Sketch - B01, BG72 and RV23

I would be really happy if I inspired you and you played along. I know all of us at the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge enjoy your creations. 

Crafty Hugs,
Tracie

12 comments:

  1. super cute card! this challenge has me stumped too but the wheels are turning after seeing your tag and card! thanks for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jennifer. So happy you were inspired. Looking forward to your creation. Have a beautiful day =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, Tracie. I like the Tic Tac Toe challenge because it really DOES make you think. Did you see my card? I hope the black around the panel qualifies as a "frame" even though it's not a fancy frame. Because it is a masculine card, I didn't want to use a fancy frame. Hope you're having a great week! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanne. So happy your played along with us. I left you some blog love on your great masculine card. Hope to see you again =)

      Delete
  4. This came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, and your pocket idea is really precious, Tracie!!
    [really looking forward to your visit today!]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele =) I am really excited!

      Delete
  6. So fun, Tracie! The wash tape covered pot was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsey. The washi tape was a real challenge for me. I do not really use it, but I found a way to do so in two recent challenges. =)

      Delete
  7. Adorable, made my way here from Michele's post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!