4.28.2016

Challenge #8 Inspiration with Nora

Hello everyone!! Nora here to bring you some inspiration for Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #8.



I knew when I saw this card that I had to use the last row across--color inspiration, labels and food/drink for a card before it ended. Labels, food or drink and the fantastic color inspiration? What is not to love?

Here is the card I came up with.


The first thing I did for this card was to create the background. I die cut a white piece of card stock and used Ranger Ink Dylusions Mist in "After Midnight" and Heidi Swapp Color Shine in "Citron" to mist the background. When the panel was dry, I adhered it on an angle to a piece of blue card stock.


I then stamped the ice cream images from "Oh Happy Day" by Lia Griffith for Hero Arts onto white card stock using Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink and colored them in with Copic markers. Next I used Stickles glitter glue in the color scheme on the ice cream cone and Glossy Accents to cover all three of the stamped images. I set the treats aside to dry while I stamped the Altenew label sentiment in blue ink.


When everything was dry, I assembled the card. I used a scrap of powder blue card stock to make a banner to go across the card. I then adhered the ice cream confections over the banner. Next I adhered the stamped label using foam adhesive over the banner.  My last step was to adhere some clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


I am really happy with how this card came out and cannot wait to send this to someone for their birthday. I hope this has inspired you to play along with us.

You still have a few more days to enter Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #8. The design team is always inspired by YOU and cannot wait to see what you create!!

Nora

3 comments:

  1. SO pretty!! Love the splatters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh love it!! Beautiful cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Nora! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!