4.01.2016

Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Creative Fools Blog Hop

Hello there!! This is the second post for today. If you are looking for the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #7 post, please click here or scroll down to the next post.
_________________________________________________________________

Happy April Fools Day!! Nora here to bring you the first ever Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Designs "Creative Fools" Blog Hop!! It has been in the works for the last couple months and I am so excited that it is FINALLY HERE!!


The theme today is "Punny" cards. The design team took one of the badges from the previous challenge and came up with some fabulous creations. Hopefully they will bring as big a smile to your face as they did mine.

I decided to create two cards for this challenge, one for my blog and the card below.


Get it? Prickles on the cactus? I should make these for everyone I know because this is SO ME!!



I used the Tic-Tac-Toe Badge #1 to make this card. I used the bottom row across-background stampingnew and shaped frame.


I  started off by stamping the background "Canvas" from Hero Arts in "Warm Wool Dye Ink" from WPlus9 onto Kraft card stock. I then stamped a sentiment from My Favorite Things "LLD Sweet Succulents" stamp set using the Warm Wool ink and adhered the sentiment strip over the background using foam adhesive.


I then die cut the frame both white and a piece of persimmon colored paper. I adhered it onto the front of the card above the sentiment strip. Next I stamped and die cut the cactus/pot from My Favorite Things "LLD Sweet Succulents" set onto patterned paper. I used colored pencils to shade both the cactus and the pot. I also used a gel pen to color in the flowers. My last step was to adhere them over the frame with foam adhesive.

Now onto the hop!! Some of the blogs will also be offering fun PRIZES. Each prize will be picked from the commenters on the design teams individual blogs. The hop will last from, today, Friday,  April 1, 2016 (9 am CST) until Sunday, April 3, 2016 (12 pm CST).

So, without further ado, here are the links for the hop.

Stamping Smiles Design Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Blog 
(You are Here!!)

If you get lost along the way, you can always come back to this post for the master list of blogs to hop.

Thank you for stopping by and we hope you all have fun hopping!!

Nora

23 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Your hop sounds fun! Prickles on the cactus, made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! I'm off to hop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, Nora! I love this sentiment..ha. it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love punny cards! Yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your puny card! Great stamped saying! Love the background stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute and I love the punny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sweet succulents are such fun, aren't they! Your cactus is marvelous, nestled in its pretty blue pot atop the red frame! Fabulous inspiration!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and so fun sentiment. Thanks for the super great blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very funny!! I am excited about the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nora, Love the prickly card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit that I have a weakness for punny cards, and cacti!! This one has all my favorites so of course I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card. I do love punny sentiments, but I'm afraid most of my Dutch relatives and friends won't get them, so I hardly ever use them on my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ready to hop!! Congrats for the fun idea! Let's have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is a nice and cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great little card and LOVE the sentiment:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cute cards and funny sayings, so I can't wait to hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one prickly and cute card! Love the sentiment a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this Nora! That sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Nora! Thank you for all of the time you put into this blog hop. I truly appreciate what you have done and that I was able to participate. I love how you made your prickly cactus the focal point of your card. I am a big fan of creating my own background via stamps instead of patterned paper, so I love the textured look of your stamping. And the reddish/orange layer really makes that cactus pop. Thanks again =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too punny love your card, Nora. I'm having fun with your challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fun idea for a blog hop! And your card is so "prickly" cute! Love the punny sentiment! Off to hop...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hopped and hopped!! Great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!