5.22.2016

Challenge #10 Inspiration with Lindsey


Happy Sunday!  It's Lindsey back to share another card inspired by Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #10.  This time I chose to work with the bottom row: bow, texture, vellum. 


I know embossing may not be everyone's first thought for texture, but it is my absolute favorite texture to feel on a card.  I just love to run my fingers over it, so I decided to use that on my card, which I made for my niece who recently played the leading role in her school play.  I really wanted this card to reflect her, and thought that a fun background was a great way to do that. So although it was not one of my official three elements, I incorporated the resist technique as well.


Okay, now this was the really fun part.  I decided to use a stencil for my embossed image.  I simply applied the versa mark ink directly to the stencil and placed it on top of the card, rubbing over the whole thing.  I knew the design wouldn't transfer perfectly, but that is exactly what I wanted.  I even wiped off a few areas and purposely left stray embossing powders because I loved the somewhat "messy" look it created.  After blending on some distress inks (blueprint sketch, peacock feathers, shaded lilac, wilted violet), I flicked lots of small and large splatters of water on top. 


I finished off my card with a vellum star (appropriate for the star of the show, don't you think?) and added the bow element as part of my exclamation point.


I had so much fun making this card.   And I'm sure you'll have fun, too, if you give Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #10 a try.  Can't wait to see how it inspires you!

9 comments:

  1. OH my goodness is this gorgeous, Lindsey!!! That stencil works the charm!!! ...your choice of inks, and all that wonderful shine ... your niece is going to flip over this one, girlfriend! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, Michele, for the super nice comment AAAND for the stencil! :) You're the best!

      Delete
  2. She is going to be so excited when she sees her card!! Your background is so pretty and I love the vellum star overlay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Your sweet comments always brighten my day!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Lindsey, this is my new favorite you've made! The colors and the emboss resist are stunning ~ and embossing a stencil, eh? Can't wait to try it as I love how this turned out!! Your niece will treasure it always!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darnell, how incredibly kind of you! That is quite the compliment! And you should definitely give it a try...it really was fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool!! I LOVE the colors you used on this and that stencil is so cool. Might have to purchase it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lindsey; this is soooo amazing! Love the look you got using the stencil (must try that!) and the colors look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!