5.10.2016

Challenge Guest Designer : Rubeena Naz

Hello, hello, hello! We're back today to share a fabulous post and gorgeous card by our guest designer, Rubeena Naz from A Rare Ruby. Ruby had always created such beautiful floral cards, and this one is no exception!! Check out the full details below!

_________________________________________________________________

Good morning! I'm so excited to be a guest designer for Stamping Smiles Designs' Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #9! A little background about me: I am in my early 30s and discovered papercrafting about two years ago. Professionally, I work as a social worker, but I spend a lot of my downtime creating cards. Some of my favorite techniques include heat embossing and watercoloring. I currently design for The Ton and Coffee Loving Cardmakers. You can find me at A Rare Ruby, where I share my work as well as organizations tips.


For Challenge #9, I knew instantly that I wanted to use flowers on my cards. I picked the first row down: Flowers, Birthday, and Masking Technique. My card features Altenew and Mama Elephant. I started with a watercolor card cut down to 4" x 5.5". Using masking tape, I stamped the rose from Penned Rose several times as well as some of the leaves in a black waterproof ink. I used my Mission Gold watercolors to color the images. On separate cardstock, I stamped 'hello' from Halftone Hello onto white cardstock and die-cut with the coordinating die. I die-cut the word several times from black cardstock and stacked them together for dimension.


I stamped 'happy birthday' from Mama Elephant's Monster Jam with VersaMark and heat set with white embossing powder. Finally, I arranged all the pieces together on my cardstock and added some clear sequins from The Ton.


I hope you enjoyed today's inspiration! Thanks so much for having me as a guest!

_________________________________________________________________

So?? Isn't Ruby so talented? We love Ruby's beautifully colored roses along with the bright colors, and the added touch of the black stripe on the side. Such a lovely design! If you love creating floral cards, check out Ruby's blog because she has many floral cards along with cool techniques that I'm sure you'll love! :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely day, friends!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Runy is extremely talented, I love her work! Beautiful card Ruby as always, thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Ruby!!!!!!!

    Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby, this is an absolutely gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!