5.06.2016

Champion Guest Designer : Michelle Chan

Hello and Happy Friday everyone! Hope everyone has fun plans this weekend. If crafting is part of your plan for the weekend, then you'll want to take this sweet inspiration from our 5th Champion Winner Michelle Chan. She created an adorable project inspired by our 9th Challenge.

_________________________________________________________________

Hello, hello! Michelle from Craft Cradle here and a very big thank you to Ka and the wonderful team at Tic-Tac-Toe for sharing the stage with me today. As a child, I always had a liking for handicrafts, having made simple cards and felt plushies. It was only in July 2015 that cardmaking became a bigger part of my life as I discovered clear stamps, steel dies, inks and many other crafty toys. Of course, this would not have happened if it were not for my husband who gifted me a Sizzix Big Shot on my last birthday (yes, he is amazing but equally to be blamed). Today, I document my adventures in the magical crafting world over at my blog and more often on Instagram and Facebook.

While we are having a warmer-than-usual Autumn here in New Zealand, Spring is my favourite season, hands down. I have nothing close to a green thumb, but the softest spot for pretty flowers so naturally, I was drawn to the left-most column to create my Spring-inspired card: Flowers, Birthday and Masking Technique. Coincidentally, my only flower stamps were from Lovely Spring. Other stamps used include Better Together, Carnival Cupcakes and Happy Everything. The list of supplies used is available on my blog.


With the puppy plushie masked off, I stamped the little girl on a piece of white card stock. I then stamped a cupcake bottom above her head, and transformed it into a wicker basket with a few simple strokes of a black Artline pen. After stamping some flowers in Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry distress inks and leaves in Evergreen Bough, I coloured with Copic markers and fussy-cut the image.

I blended in Evergreen Bough distress ink on a piece of white card stock and die-cut twice with the Cloud Border die from Landscape Trio. These were going to be shrubs to help ground the little girl. I also stamped and die-cut smaller flowers to dress up the shrubs. Then, using Antique Linen and Spun Sugar distress inks, I blended in a sunset sky to match the colours of the blooms.


To pull the entire look together, I die-cut a frame using the two largest dies from Die-namics Stitched Rectangle STAX and heat embossed the sentiments with silver embossing powder. Some drops of Glossy Accents were used on the flowers for a dewy look and added dimension.

I hope you like what I created for you and don’t forget to take part in the Challenge! All the best and see you!

Hugs,
Michelle

_________________________________________________________________

Isn't her card just so sweet and adorable?! Whoever receives this card would be so lucky! Thanks Michelle for sharing your card with us and being our guest designer. It was an absolute pleasure to have you! Please swing by Michelle blog for even inspiration! Thanks everyone! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's gorgeous - she does make amazing cards. I love her style and I love that she's made the stamp into something else just by masking. Genius. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just Beautiful!! Love the masking technique!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, what a fabulous card! So cute, so sweet, so perfectly made, and such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!