6.22.2016

Challenge #12 Inspiration with Lindsey

Good morning! Lindsey here, sharing some additional inspiration for Challenge #12.  It also marks my very last project as part of the Design Team.  I cannot believe how quickly the last 6 months have gone by!  What an absolute treat and privilege it has been to be a part of this team!  Ka, Mady, and all the DT, thank you so much (from the bottom of my heart!) for making this such an amazing experience for me.


For my project today I chose to work with the diagonal starting from the top left: doily, jute/natural twine, and metals.  We have a wedding to attend in a few weeks, so I used the colors and feel of their wedding as my inspiration. 


The doily anchors the entire focal point on this card, and I love the soft, feminine touch it adds. My main metal element is a silver wreath, which seemed a little to harsh in contrast at first.  So order to maintain a soft feel to this card, I added an offset vellum wreath on top.  My favorite touch on the wreath is the little twine twirls tucked under my loosely watercolored flowers.  I just think they are so fun!


This card is jam-packed with embellishments, which is not the norm for a CAS cardmaker like me, but I'm happy with how it turned out.  It's always good to stretch yourself from time to time, and I love that the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge encourages me to do that.  I think the Challenge 12 Board has so many fun options, and I cannot wait to see how it inspires you to play along!

Card Supplies
Stamps: Concord & 9th (Flourish)
Ink: CTMH (sorbet), PTI (melon berry, ocean tides)
Dies: Clearly Besotted (congrats), PTI (rustic wreath)
Other: CTMH (twine), Pretty Pink Posh (sequins), Recollections (pearls), doily

6 comments:

  1. Lindsey! There isn't an adjective worthy to describe this beauty! Gorgeous is just the tip of the iceberg, my friend! Just look at all those wonderful elements! You have been a wonderfully inspiring designer! Thank you ... xxoo
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, you are the best! Thank you so much for your oh-so-kind words! Truly appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Oh how beautiful this card is Lindsey!! I LOVE all the little touches you made on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so so sweet! Thank you, Nora!

      Delete
  3. What a delicate and lovely wreath Lindsey! I like the bits and bobs of glitz you added. Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!