6.26.2016

Challenge #12 Inspiration With Rachel

Hey, everyone! Rachel here from RBergfeld Card Designs to share some inspiration for Challenge 12!


I chose the middle row for my card - Arrows, Jute/Natural Twine, and Tag. I also decided to make this into a Father's Day card because the images I chose are perfect for my tropics-loving dad!


I actually remembered to take pictures along the way while creating this card, so I have a mini tutorial for you!


I started my card by heat embossing the arrow background in white on some watercolor paper.


Next, I blended distress inks into the paper in two different colors to create the ombre effect.


I made sure to blend the two colors in the middle to create that beautiful in between color. (The colors I used were Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron.)


When the blending was done, I used my MISTI to stamp the missing arrows in the two colors. For the two arrows in the middle, I stamped once with Peacock Feathers and stamped over it with Twisted Citron to get a beautiful blended color to match the middle section.


Next up was my tag. I cut a tag using a die and then blended the same distress inks in a circle on the tag. It creates the background for my images.


I die cut my images and then stamped them (the dies are solid so it's hard to cut after stamping). I used my Copics to color them in.


And here they are after all the coloring!


I trimmed down my arrow panel and adhered it to a white card base using some Be Creative Double Sided Tape. It's super sticky, so it really helps with the heavier watercolor paper. I used foam tape on the back of my tag for some dimension.


Now I need my sentiment, so I used The Man stamp set from Avery Elle and heat embossed the banner from the top of the set in gold on vellum and carefully fussy cut around it leaving a small border.


I arranged my images where I wanted them and then used foam tape to adhere them. The banner was adhered with a little Multi Medium Matte behind the embossing.

I actually liked this card so much that I created another one in different colors with different images for a friend's birthday.


I hope you liked my mini tutorial and it inspired you to enter our super fun challenge!



2 comments:

  1. RAchel!!! How fantastic ... now I cannot believe these words are coming from MY mouth - I LOVE the blue/green one the very most! I'm normally drawn to the warm colors! So cool, and I LOve that background stamp!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely!! This is so absolutely STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!