6.10.2016

Challenge Guest Designer: Miriam Prantner

Hi! I'm Miriam Prantner and I'm really excited to be the guest designer for this challenge, thanks so much to Ka for having me!

Here's a little information about me:
I've been married to my husband Andrew for 15 years. We have two daughters, Ellie and Carina, and a beagle named Oshie. I live in Arlington, VA and have been crafting since I was a kid. When it comes to paper crafts, I started out as a scrapbooker, discovering stamps and the world of card making about four years ago. I have been designing stamps and dies for Neat & Tangled since 2013, and this year produced a class called Fresh Eyes on Your Cardmaking Supplies through Craftsy. Working and being a wife/mom keep me pretty busy, but I find time in the evenings to craft. I love experimenting, learning new techniques, and trying new products. When I'm not hanging out with the family or crafting, you might find me playing hockey or curled up with a book. You can follow me at my blog: Sooner Rather Than Later.


I was actually kind of challenged by the board. Usually I had two things where I had a good idea in which to take a project, but then the third item was a challenge.

I ended up choosing the bottom row: monochromatic, inlaid dies, and scalloped border.


I used some scalloped border dies from MFT to create an inlaid piece that was then trimmed it down to create the panel you see. I then used that gorgeous Branching Out die from PTI as a focal point over the panel.

To soften the transition between the scalloped panel and the card base, I added a vellum fishtail banner which was turned into a tag. The Lawn Trimming twine added some extra texture and interest too.


The Branching Out die was attached to the scalloped panel using my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I like the movement you get in delicate die cuts when you don't adhere the whole thing. A little extra stability/adhesion was provided by the foam tape I used to attach the sentiment strip. The sentiment is from my Dala Horse set for Neat & Tangled.

I hope you like my card!

___________________________________________________



Miriam is very generous and is giving our challenge participants a 50% off code to her class Fresh Eyes on Your Cardmaking Supplies. You can click on the link below and you will be taken to the site with the prize already reduced for you.

www.craftsy.com/ext/MiriamPrantner_10298_H

Thanks for stopping in today! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Well, Miriam, you know you HAD me at grey, right? Just stunning!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!