6.28.2016

Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #12 Inspiration

Hello!! Nora here for some crafty inspiration for Stamping Smiles Designs 


I could have done every row on this challenge badge but since I had to choose, I used the diagonal starting from cork, to jute/natural twine and ending with birds/bees/butterflies

I actually started this card by die cutting the only piece of cork that I had in my stash into a tag. It was part of kit that was sitting around that I never used. When I saw that cork was something I could use for this challenge, I knew I had to pull it out. The whole card was designed around the 
patterned cork tag.


Next, I went through my box of "extras" that I think everyone has in their stash. I pulled out a pink circle, the lace heart, the butterfly, the pink card stock strip, as well as a dark pink die cut heart. I figured out how I wanted to arrange them together and then chose the bold patterned paper from Basic Grey's "Urban Luxe" for the background. 


I used a My Favorite Things "Blueprints #13" die to die cut the Basic Grey paper and adhered it over a "Soft Stone," A2 top folding card. I used foam adhesive to adhere the pink, die cut circle and then adhered the cork tag over that. I centered the white card stock heart over the cork and added the butterfly, using a small piece of foam adhesive on the left wing to give it some dimension. I added a pink button with a small piece of jute to the center of the butterfly as its "body" and "antennae." 


I adhered the dark pink heart as shown and then layered a stamped sentiment  from PaperTrey Ink's "Words of Comfort" stamp set over both hearts, using foam adhesive. 

That is it for my card for today. I hope this inspires you to create a card using the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Badge #12. I cannot wait to see what you create!

Have a fabulous day!

Nora

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Nora! LOve how you brought those elements to life - AND that groovy patterned paper!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - you pulled together so many cute and amazing things to add to this card and it turned out phenomenally!! Good for you - love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!