6.19.2016

Warbling of the nightingale

Hello there,
Olesya Kharkova is here to show you my card process on challenge 12 board. This time I have chosen the following elements: Cork-Jute/Natural Twine-Bird/Bees/Butterflies. This board is super inspiring and interesting to work with.




I took a kraft card base measuring 10x15 cm. Adhered double-sided tape all around the perimeter of the card base to place the layered frame.


The front panel was made with several layers of thin kraft paper, old book pages and was sewed with a sewing machine. For the Cork element I found some cork patterned paper in my stash and cut out a circle using my scissors. The wreath was made with jute and some sisal.


Adhered the cork circle with a double-sided tape only in the middle so that I could put some other elements under it.


I fastened the wreath using my stapler.


Prepared vintage looking cut out and sponged their edges with Antique Linen distress ink because some of them had snow white borders.


Put the cut outs under the cork circle using Zig 2 way glue pen and two layers of foam tape for the window. Stamped the sentiment " Have a splendid day!" with Archival Coffee ink. This ink fit here much better than the black one.


Placed the front panel on top of the card base and popped it up with foam tape. Made some white dots-splatters with my white gel pen.


Here is the finished card.




Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope this project was inspiring! Have an amazing day!

7 comments:

  1. I could not love this more! Beautiful use of elements! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Olesya! The texture, the colors, the layers....all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nest elements. Your detail is amazing =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!