7.07.2016

Challenge #13 Inspiration with Judy

Hello, everyone!  Judy here with a card to inspire you for the current Challenge #13 using this inspiration board:


For my project today, I chose to work with the middle row across: Critters/Border Stamp/Die-Cut Stencil.  I have a lot of critter stamps in my stash, and I am always in need of birthday cards, so this was an easy choice!


To make this clean and simple one-layer card, I started out with a piece of watercolor paper folded and cut to standard A2 card size (4.25 x 5.5 inches).  I stamped my sentiment first -- a border sentiment that serves as the ground for my scene.

Next, I stamped the critter -- in this case, a bunny -- directly on the sentiment line, and then masked it in order to stencil behind it.  I was so excited to find Post-It notes with a full sticky back at my local office supply store recently...they work great for making masks of stamped images!

After inking over the stencil, I removed the mask, added some ink for the grass, and added some color to the bunny with Copic markers.  Glossy Accents on the bunny's nose and two patterned paper butterflies were the finishing touches!



I am really looking forward to your take on the inspiration board for Challenge #13.  I hope you get a chance to play along!  Thank you for stopping by today!
Judy

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp (Handwritten Borders), Gerda Steiner Designs (Happy Hoppy)
Inks: MFT (Black Licorice), Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters), Copic Markers
Dies: PTI (Hexagon), Martha Stewart (3 in 1 Butterfly Punch)
Other:  Glossy Accents

7 comments:

  1. This is just about as cute as it gets!! Love the soft stenciled hexagon sky with those sweet polka dot butterflies. The happy little bunny perched on the loopy sentiment is adorable. SWEET card Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Judy!! Love the clean and fresh design! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie bunny! Your stenciled background is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so sweet, Judy! Your stenciled background is dreamy and perfect, and your bunny is adorable! A really cute one-layer card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so CUTE!! I love the little butterflies and your fabulous background!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bunny is seriously the cutest! Love what you did with butterflies and background. Cuteness overload :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!