7.13.2016

Challenge #13 Inspiration with Rachel

Hello! Rachel here from RBergfeld Card Designs with some fun inspiration for Challenge 13!


For this card, I chose the middle row - Shimmer, Border Stamp, and Balloon.


I'm trying to create more one layer cards for easier mailing, so that's what I started with for this piece. I cut and folded my card base and then began by stamping all of my balloon images. I used two different ink colors - Fog Gray and Pale Blush Pink from Simon Says Stamp. I love how light and ethereal they look! I knew I wanted the cluster of balloons to be greater near the top, so I started by stamping just a few at the bottom and slowly working my way toward the top by increasing the number I was stamping. I added the strings in after all my balloons were stamped.

The confetti image is actually a small border stamp that I repeatedly stamped side by side to cover the top. I stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with some Rose Gold embossing powder. It's super shiny and pretty in person!

I finished the card by stamping my sentiment in a bold black ink so it would stand out beautifully.


I hope you like my card and it inspires you to create your own masterpiece for our challenge!



3 comments:

  1. Rachel I'm working on one-layered cards too, and I'm totally inspired by your gorgeous card! LOve the embossed dots, and your balloon stamping is outstanding - going immediately to my 'cards to CASE' file! xx
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! I LOVE this one layer wonder!! I am so horrible at them myself. I will get to the end of one and then bang-I ruin it-usually by stamping the sentiment!! I LOVE the rose gold on this!! Amazing design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the embossed rose gold makes the whole design come together :-) A stunning one layer card for sure !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!