7.28.2016

Challenge #14 Inspiration with Nora

Hello everyone!! Nora here with some inspiration for Challenge #14.


I have a confession to make, I am an avid doodler. When I was in school and taking notes, the sides of my notebooks were covered in them. In the job I do now, I often take notes for students and instead of doodling on the notebook pages themselves, I now use Post It Notes. I have oodles of them in the notebooks I use, all covered with different types of drawings from patterns to flowers. This is why I chose top row across for my card-embossingdoodling and add dimensional.


I started the card off by doodling the flowers and the jar with a pencil on white Bristol Board


I then colored in the images with Zig Clean Markers and outlined them with a Black Soot Distress Marker. To create emphasis on the flowers, I chose to die cut my image with a 
stitched rectangle die from Lil Inkers.


Next I embossed a piece of Basic Grey patterned paper with a We R Memory Keepers Geometric Embossing Folder. I adhered the embossed panel onto a white, A2 top folding card. I then took the doodled rectangle and adhered it over the pink, embossed background using foam to give 
it a little dimension.


For the sentiment, I used Altenew "Label Love" and stamped it on white with Memento 
Tuxedo Black dye ink.


I adhered the table to the card front with foam adhesive and added some sequins randomly around it. The last touch was to add some dots of "Black Diamond" Stickles in the middle of each flower and some "Magenta" Stickles over the tiny dotted flowers.

I hope this card encourages you to do a little doodling of your own. You still have a few days to enter Challenge #14. I cannot wait to see what you create!!

Nora

7 comments:

  1. That embossing folder adds such amazing, subtle dimension and I can't believe you DOODLED those flowers! So pretty! You really are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish my doodling looked that good! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pretty flowers and embossing ! Stunning!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nora! this is fantastic!! your perfectly colored flowers lay beautifully on that EF!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nora, your doodling is drool-worthy... These should be stamps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nora, this is so beautiful! Gorgeous colors, love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, Nora! I love how you added details and sparkle with your Stickles, too...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!