7.10.2016

Challenge Guest Designer : Virginia Lu

Hello, I am Virginia Lu (Yes, Virginia...) from Canada. I'm blessed with two wonderful adult children and a loving and supportive husband. In my little world, I love creating cards, traveling and making yummy food. I am currently on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge DT and am the host/founder of Virginia’s View Challenge. I discovered stamping nearly 20 years ago and has been fascinated by it. I have entered countless challenges and contests, with many trials and errors (and some success). But no matter how good I feel about each card, I strive to make the next one better! Being passionate about trying new techniques that intrigue, I love to share ideas and creations in my blog. I truly appreciate the fellow card-maker/bloggers' positive feedback and I hope to encourage other fellow card-makers as much as I can. Thank you for inviting me to be your guest design for July!

I am super excited to be the July Guest Designer here! I love the idea of Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. We can all relate that sometimes it is hard to put a lot of techniques, supplies, designs and elements in one card. This challenge really helps you focus on the key elements and get creative.

For my project, I chose the top middle row (Shimmer, Border Stamp, Balloons).


Shimmer: The sentiment was embossed in Silver Platinum (Hero Arts). I used DCWV Glitter paper to add to the stamped border and punched out small circles as the “confetti”. I also added shimmer with Wink of Stella (Clear) to the stamped balloons.
Border Stamp: The Basic Stripes Stamp (Simon Says Stamp) provides the subtle and detailed feature for this design.
Balloons: I used two sets of balloon stamps that I have and do not seem to use enough of. Avery Elle (Numbered Balloons) and Mama Elephant (Clear Stamp Party Kit Set) are perfect solid stamps for the color-laying. With the help of MISTI, I was able to stamp the balloons in multiple colors. Stamping the balloons took some planning with masking, color-layering and positioning. However, it was totally worth the effort.


Since the stamped design is considerably flat, I added a piece of large foam as the backing. This gives the card an extra dimension yet it is still mail-friendly.


I hope that you are inspired to create with this super fun challenge. I can’t wait to see what you create!

11 comments:

  1. Now this is the perfect birthday card. Personalized with the recipients age and festively colorful with the awesome balloons and glimmer. Would expect nothing less from the wonderful and talented Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect use of the challenge!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...this is a perfect birthday card. I think the colors are wonderful and the stripe ground all. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stamped balloons are so lovely - they are so realistic, Virginia. This is a colorful and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Virginia, this is an amazing birthday card! The colors of your balloons are phenomenal! Great use of the challenge board this time around...perfect card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful birthday card Virginia!
    The dimension you have managed to create with the various inks is phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Virginia. Congrats on your guest spot. You've nailed the elements beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design and I love how you stamped the balloons, Virginia! So many fabulous details on this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, everyone, for your kind feedback/comments. It is my pleasure to share my work here! Thank you for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those balloons are so cool!! I LOVE the fun border at the bottom too. AMAZING Virginia!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you stamp those balloons? They are fabulous! Amazing creation, Virginia :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!