8.07.2016

Challenge #15 Inspiration with Judy

Hello, friends!  Judy here from Judy's Card Corner with a little inspiration for Challenge #15!


For my card, I chose the middle row across: Word Dies - Sparkle - Color Blocking.

I love how these inspiration boards encourage us to stretch our imaginations and think of combining elements that we might not have thought of on our own.  I love that!  :)  

I recently purchased this pretty Technique Tuesday "Budding Poppies" stamp set from an online destash sale, and I couldn't wait to play with it!  Paired with a color-blocked piece of card stock as my card base along with a glitter paper die cut sentiment...and, voila!


I started out by embossing the poppies with white embossing powder, coloring in with Copic markers, then wiping off the excess ink with a baby wipe.  I love how the subtle ink colors blended around the image!  Then I added a wash of blue watercolor to the rest of the background before I die cut it into a rectangle.

In addition to the sparkle of the glitter paper sentiment, I added ultra-fine glitter to the poppies for some extra sparkle.


I tied together the brown in the color-block pattern with brown glitter paper for the sentiment.


I hope you are able to join us for Challenge #15 and that I've inspired you to play along.  Thank you for stopping by!
Judy

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Budding Poppies)
Inks: Copic markers, Versafine ink, watercolor paints
Dies: Papertrey Ink (Wet Paint - hello), Lil' Inkers (Stitched Rectangles)
Other: white embossing powder, DCWV glitter paper, patterned paper, ultra-fine glitter

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Judy! Your color blocked background is wonderful and your poppies POP on your subtle color washed background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS blooms, Judy! LOVE the BG design too! Really highlights your FAB flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color blocking, and I love the effect of this technique on these flower petals! Such a striking card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!