8.19.2016

Challenge #16 Inspiration with Channin

Hello everyone!! It's Channin here with some challenge #16 inspiration! 


This time I chose to go down the middle with hexagons, misting, and birthday. And here's what I created. 


So this was definitely a bit out of my comfort zone. I don't think I have ever really misted before except with water for the watercolor smooshing technique and on top of that I just could not come up with a design that I liked. So what do you do when you need alittle inspiration, well, I went on pinterest and I found this card, then boom I had an idea. 
First, I made similar hexagon letters using my cricut. I cut them out of contact paper and then put my hexagon letters on a 5" by 7" panel of watercolor paper. Next, I mixed some water with red watercolor cake using a brush and then used the same brush to transfer my paint into the bottle of my mister. 


I then misted over left side of my panel and continued this process of mixing, filling, and spraying for my other colors. After I had completed my rainbow of colors I let my panel dry then I peeled off the contact paper. Lastly, I stamped my sentiment from Waffle Flower Crafts' set, Bowtiful, in versafine black onyx ink.
 I hope you enjoyed and found some inspiration. Maybe give your watercolors a try in your mister too, you might be surprised by some of your results. 

Have a wonderful day!!
~ Channin

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of misting with watercolor, looks fab! Will your misting bottle ever be the same again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out amazing!! I cannot believe you have not misted before!! Your card looks like an expert did it!! Really pretty design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!