8.22.2016

Challenge #16 Inspiration with Varada


Hi friends,

Varada here, with some inspiration for challenge #16.


I chose hexagons + misting + birthday for my card today:

I combined the hexagons and misting to create a fun background for my focal point. To begin with, I took the hexagon embossing folder and inked one side of it with two colors of distress inks - mermaid lagoon + cracked pistachio. I misted the colors on the embossing folder (not the paper) lightly with water using a spray bottle. This activated the inks and made them blend in the middle. I embossed a 4 x 5 inch piece of SSS white cardstock through this transferring the pattern as well as the misted colors on it. I also trimmed randomly on the sides for a fun effect.

For the focal point, I used a spellbinders die with doll pink colored cardstock from SSS. Once it was die cut, I heat embossed it two times with some rainbow sparkling embossing powder to make it extra shiny. This came with one of the SSS monthly card kits.

Finally I added a flower-y sentiment from one of the older StampinUp stamp sets, layered my pieces and added a few sequins to finish the card.

Hope you like it and are inspired to try something like this too. Don't forget to share with us what you make.
Hugs,
~Varada

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card. I like how you made your flowers shiny!! They pop off the card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!