8.10.2016

Challenge Guest Designer : Keeway Tsao

Hi everyone! I’m Keeway from kiwi koncepts, living in sunny California. I love all thing fine arts, from classical music to pop culture art, and grew up immersed in it. I didn’t discover cardmaking until 2015 when my best friend painted me a handmade birthday card, and I wanted to send a handmade card back. Since then, I have become completely captivated by the craft and the community, and started cardmaking and blogging every day since. You can find me at my blog Kiwi Koncepts.

I am very excited to be guesting with Ka for her Tic-Tac-Tae Challenge! I just love the concept of this challenge and all the interesting combinations you can use to inspire you to create your card. For today’s card, I decided to combine “Word Dies”, “Sparkle,” and “Color Blocking.” What an interesting combination! So this is how I interpreted it:


Color blocking is extra fun when you use bright colors, and I decided to use yellow (Mustard Seed), magenta (Picked Rasberry), turquoise (Peacock Feathers), and blue (Blueprint). I used washi tape to mask of areas of my A2 sized white card stock, and blending in the inks. I then die cut the word “happy” out, and set it aside.

I added some double sided tape to my A2 size base card to adhere some gold glitter for my “sparkle.” Now when I overlay my color blocked piece over the base card, I can see the glitter sparkling through the word.


I stamped “birthday” through the happy, and to add some extra cuteness, I added adorable dancing pandas right above the happy to complete the card. Hope you enjoy today’s card and was inspired to try out this challenge! Thank you so much for having and have fun! :)

4 comments:

  1. L.O.V.E!! Amazing design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeway this is much more indicative of what true color blocking should look like! I'm taking lessons from you! IT's so adorable!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!