9.07.2016

Challenge #17 Inspiration with Judy

Hello, everyone!  It's Judy here with some more inspiration to share with you for the current Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #17!


For my project today, I chose to work with the top row across: Window Card/Critter/Sequins.


Here are the steps I followed to make this fun little hello card using Gerda Steiner Designs stamps and some basic die and embossing folder supplies.

Step 1:  Emboss a white card using the brick patterned embossing folder.  Apply distress ink in circular motion to accent the design.  Set aside.

Step 2:  Die cut window on heavy white card stock.  (Note that if you use "flimsy" card stock with intricate dies such as this window, the paper tears very easily as you work with it and/or try to poke out the small bits.)

Step 3:  Trace the outline of the window onto another piece of white card stock and arrange the placement of your stamped image so it shows through the window.  Stamp the image and apply distress inks for background.  Color image with Copic markers as needed.

Step 4:  Cut out the previously traced window outline and glue the window die cut on top.  Now you can see your stamped image peeking out through the window!

Step 5:  Adhere sequins (I used a multi medium matte liquid).

Step 6: Open the window so that the image can be seen!  (Note that with this particular die cut window, I removed the center bar that ran down the middle so that the image could be clearly visible.)

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Gerda Steiner Designs "Happy Hoppy" and "Blast Off"
Inks: Black dye ink; Distress inks in Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters; Copic markers
Dies: Spellbinders "Window Two"
Other: Pretty Pink Posh "Sweet Pea" sequin mix; Darice "Brick Wall" embossing folder

Time for a confession...I have never made a shaker card.  Not sure why, maybe too "busy" for my usual clean and simple approach to cards.  However, I planned to make this a shaker card for this challenge and was all psyched up to try it.  Guess what happened?  I could not locate my acetate sheets!  I have had them set aside for years (literally) so when the time came I'd be ready.  Well, the time came and I could not find them anywhere!  Ugh.  I guess that is a good indication that I should clean out my stash.

I am really looking forward to your take on the inspiration board for Challenge #17.  I hope you get a chance to play along!

Thank you for stopping by today!
Judy

4 comments:

  1. This is such a delightful card! The kiss blowing bunny is too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just oh so sweet!! I LOVE the fun window that you created and that little rabbit is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!