9.19.2016

Challenge #18 Inspiration with Channin

Hello everyone!! It's Channin here to hopefully share with you a little challenge inspiration! Today I'm going to share with you my first ever "teacher thank you"card!



My oldest just started preschool, so until now I have never had a need to make a teacher card before. Since challenge #18 has a "back to school" square I decided this was a great opportunity to say thank you to my daughter's wonderful teacher. I just love the Tic-Tac-Toe challenges really help me to try something new!!



For this card I went down the right with elements "back to school", "ink blending" and "texture". I was inspired by Ashwini's beautiful card and decided to give her technique a go. First, I inked up an embossing folder with Fired Brick distressed ink. I then spritzed it with water, sandwiched it over a 5 1/2" by 7 1/2" panel of watercolor paper, and ran it through my cuddlebug. Now my embossing folder is only 4" by 5 1/5" so I had to actually repeat this process two more times to emboss my whole panel but I also used different inks each time to create a gradation. I used Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn distressed inks and I did actually emboss over previously embossed sections to help mix the colors and make a smoother gradation. After I had finished embossing the entire panel and I set the paper aside to dry and set to work on the apple.



Since I have never needed to make a teacher card until now, I did not have any teacher related stamps or dies in my stash. So I had to rely on my trusty Cricut. I cut out two of the exact same apples out of white cardstock using my Cricut and glued them together. At this point my embossed panel was now dry so I trimmed it and adhered it to a 5" by 6 1/2" card base. I then also trimmed my apple down a bit so it did not over hang past the panel and then added foam tape and adhered it to my card. I then die cut 3 "thanks" using the CAS-ual Fridays' Smiling Fri-Dies. I glued two "thanks" together and ink blended Fired Brick at the bottom of the letters. I then ink blended Mowed Lawn at the bottom of the third "thanks" and adhered it slightly off-set onto the other two "thanks". I then created "teacher" with Waffle Flowers' Be My Guest stamp set, stamped and white embossed it on a strip of black cardstock. Lastly, I adhered the "thanks" and "teacher" onto my card. I hope you enjoyed and were inspired to give Challenge #18 a try!

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Channin

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for mentioning my card here, Channin! Am I lucky or what!! And I must say, your card looks absolutely fabulous - the colors blend with each other superbly and that embossing looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! I love the bright colors you used and the ombre sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!