9.22.2016

Challenge #18 Inspiration with Varada

Hi friends,

Varada here, with some inspiration for challenge #18.


I hope you are having fun playing along with Tic-Tac-Toe challenge #18. I decided to create a card using the middle row: Friendship + Blues and Greens + Ink Blending.

Here's my card featuring the August 2016 My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero Arts. 


As you will notice, this is a shaped card - it is oval and not a regular rectangular card. The large oval die that comes with My Monthly Hero August 2016 card kit makes creating oval cards a breeze. Below is a quick tip video I made showing two ways to make such shaped cards. 



For my card, I used two separate oval pieces. While they were still separate, I ink blended green blue inks. I added several different types of inks together for getting that effect. Once I was happy overall, I stamped some ferns and mushrooms using Versa Magic Hint of Pesto ink. I also stamped "our friendship is" from MFT stamps "Because you" stamp set using Hero Arts brown ink. I did not have any stamp with the word, "Magical", so I wrote it using black permanent marker and added some shine on top using Sakura stardust pen. For the dot on the "i", I added a very tiny star.
Next I die cut two more frames - the trees one that comes with the kit and the floral one which is an add-on. The tree one I cut out of brown card stock and ink blended on the floral one. I also cut the tree one out of some fun foam. Using glossy accents, I adhered all my pieces together and made the shaker with some green + blue sequins.
As a final touch, I stamped and die cut a fairy (also from the same kit) and colored her with Zig real brush markers. I used Ranger Archival black ink for stamping and used stickles on my fairy wings for some sparkle :-)
Simply love this card kit and the way my card turned out. Hope you liked it too and feel inspired to play with us.
Big thanks for dropping by!
~Varada

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the cut outs around the card and the fun shaker style. Great take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!